DragonbornVet
New Member
Okay so I'm on my 5th playthrough and I finally decided to actually commit to a melee build instead of just... becoming a stealth archer by accident like every other time. And I'm realizing how absolutely busted that playstyle is compared to literally anything else.
Like I get why it happens - Archery scales stupidly well, you can perch somewhere safe and delete enemies from range, and the AI is dumb enough that it won't find you half the time. But once you grab the perks that let you draw faster and the ones that make your shots stagger, you're basically playing on easy mode by level 20.
My current sword and board character gets rushed down constantly, has to actually manage stamina, and dies if I'm not paying attention for five seconds. Meanwhile I remember my last playthrough where I had the perk that makes bows silent and I was just... standing on a rock one-shotting draugr deathlords from point blank range because they couldn't even register where I was.
Is it just me or has the game balance always been this skewed toward archery? Or am I just bad at melee builds and stealth archer is actually the "correct" difficulty?
Like I get why it happens - Archery scales stupidly well, you can perch somewhere safe and delete enemies from range, and the AI is dumb enough that it won't find you half the time. But once you grab the perks that let you draw faster and the ones that make your shots stagger, you're basically playing on easy mode by level 20.
My current sword and board character gets rushed down constantly, has to actually manage stamina, and dies if I'm not paying attention for five seconds. Meanwhile I remember my last playthrough where I had the perk that makes bows silent and I was just... standing on a rock one-shotting draugr deathlords from point blank range because they couldn't even register where I was.
Is it just me or has the game balance always been this skewed toward archery? Or am I just bad at melee builds and stealth archer is actually the "correct" difficulty?